EVER FORGOTTEN YOUR CARPARK LOCATION? SAVE YOUR CARPARK LOCATION WITH GOOGLE MAPS
You know those times where you wander around trying to trace your steps and find your car in a new location?
Boy, do we have a great tip for you!
New Google Maps feature enables you to save the location of your car park, so you can navigate back to your car spot!
1. Once you’ve parked your car safely, open up the Google Maps App
Suppose we had just parked our car on Stewart Street, Richmond (for the sake of this exercise, lets pretend this is a new unfamiliar area to us! =P)
2. In Google Maps, tap on the location icon (bottom right) to find your current location
3. A blue dot marks your current location
4. Tap on this blue dot, and a menu appears
5. Tap on Set as parking location
By Setting your parking location, the blue dot is labelled “You parked here“Down the bottom of your screen, you’ll notice a label which says “Saved Parking”
When its time to head back to your car park location, tap on the Saved Parking button, and Google Maps will direct you back to your car!
You can even choose which mode of transport to get there: car, walk, bike rideLuckily, I parked a a short stroll away for this exercise!