1. Adding Stops
This is perfect for when you need to pick up someone and then head somewhere, or go to multiple places in a day and need help figuring out the best way to do it!
– Search up directions to the final place you want to end up at and tap ‘Directions’
– Then tap the 3 little dots in the top right hand corner of the screen
– Tap the ‘Add Stop’ button, and a new textbox should appear
– Type in where else it is you would like to go!
This will create a route through google maps!
TIP: If you tap and hold on the 2 lines at the left hand side of the textboxes, you can drag them and change the order
2. Offline mode
If you know you’re heading off the grid, or to a known deadspot, fear not! Google maps has the capability for you to download maps for just this reason
– Tap on your account icon
– Tap on ‘Offline Maps’
– Select the area by pinching and dragging to change the area, then tap download
It’s that easy!
3. Get indoor directions
This can be super useful for shopping centers, where you just can’t quite remember if that shop’s on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the building!
– Type in the name of the shopping center and go to it’s google entry and swipe up to see the full listing
– Tap on the tab labelled ‘Directory’
– Type in the name of the shop you want to find
And follow the map directions, just like normal google maps!