For those of you who have attended our Travel with Technology workshop, you know we talk about WiFi a lot. Wifi is a necessity when travelling because it allows you to communicate at little or no cost.
When you’re away from home, and in need of WiFi, Facebook can now help you find it!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Facebook app on your device can help you locate available hotspots at nearby businesses.
The feature works by using information that businesses have added to their Facebook pages. It’s handy, but won’t show you all available wifi hotspots (theres other apps for that).
OK, HOW DO I USE THIS FEATURE?
1. On your device, Tap on the Facebook App to open it (If you don’t have the Facebook app, you will need to download the app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store)
2. Click on the More tab (looks like three lines in top right hand corner)
3. Under the Apps section, tap See All
4. Scroll down, and tap on Find Wi-Fi
5. Tap on Enable Find Wi-Fi
6. A list of businesses will appear
OR you can tap on Map to see a map of Wi-Fi hotspots
You can tap on a business name, and Facebook will provide information about the business (via their Facebook page), or give you directions to this Wi-Fi location.
Please note that you do need an internet connection to use this feature, then you can use Wi-Fi when you get to the location!