PHONE SCREEN TOO BRIGHT AT NIGHT?
Use Night Shift
The cool blue light that is given off by most screens (like the one’s on your phone!) can interfere with your body’s natural processes that help us fall asleep and stay asleep. Because of this, prolonged screen time before bed could affect your sleeping patterns. Not to fear! Most smartphones have an option called ‘Night Mode’ or ‘Night Shift’ which replaces the blue light with a warmer yellow/orange light that won’t affect your sleeping patterns.
NIGHT SHIFT ON APPLE
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access your ‘Control Centre’
- Press and hold on the ‘screen brightness slider’
- Tap the ‘Night Shift‘ button at the bottom of the screen to turn Night Shift on or off.
NIGHT SHIFT ON ANDROID
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to access your ‘Quick Settings’
- Swipe down again to expand the Quick Settings for the additional options.
- Tap the ‘Blue Light Filter‘ button at the bottom of the screen to turn Night Shift on or off.